Have you ever had one of those mornings where you woke up on the wrong side of the bed? Or where the morning just can’t seem to go your way and life is hitting you with one thing after another? Of course, you have, you’re human. Me too. And here’s the thing, it’s totally understandable when life hits you over and over again that you get in a bad mood. It’s not always easy to turn your mood around but what we can do is take small, mindful actions toward change. This mood-boosting meditation is one of those actions you can take.
When I’m in that headspace where I need a positive energy push, here are a few of my go-to steps:
- Meditation – Obviously. But it’ll help quiet the mind, even if only for a few moments. This mood-boosting meditation is a great place to start.
- Drink water – This may sound silly, but it’s ensuring my body is nourished and hydrated.
- Put down my phone – Really, this is all screens. Setting them aside, turning off notifications, putting my phone on do-not-disturb (if possible), and definitely staying off social media.
- Go for a walk – This isn’t just about getting in movement, but it’s about getting out in nature, breathing in the fresh air. And Poncho loves it too, so it’s a win-win for us both.
- Yoga – We carry stress and tension in our bodies so getting in some movement to help release some of that built-up stress is huge.
- Journaling – Obviously this is also going to make my list. You can use the journal prompt that goes with today’s meditation, but you can also just grab your journal and write about whatever is happening and how you’re feeling. No need to hold back as this is for your eyes only.
Pick one, two, or maybe a few of these practices next time you need it, and see how they help support you when you’re feeling grumpy and need that mood booster.
Monthly intention: Live Well
Today’s meditation: Mood-Boosting Meditation
Your journal prompt for today is: How are you feeling (before) vs (after)?
If you found a connection to yourself from listening to this podcast, please rate, review, subscribe, and share it with your friends.
Add a yoga class to your practice today from my YouTube channel, Katie Arnold Yoga.
Learn about the 28-day Connection Intensive here: https://iamkatiearnold.com/explore/
Find more from me @iamkatiearnold and @soulconnectionpodcast visit my website iamkatiearnold.com for more tips for your practice, to learn about my virtual yoga and meditation studio, Studio Connection, live events, and more.
- 30-day Meditation Habit Tracker
- Mindful Movement class calendar
- Journal Prompts for when you’re stressed out
- You are Loved guided Meditation
Stock Media provided by SoundPhenomenon / Pond5